Before installing the eccentric butterfly valve, pay attention to the sealing direction. Generally, people are accustomed to installing valves according to the flow direction of the supply and return pipes. As a result, valves with the wrong installation direction have poor sealing performance, which affects the maintenance of the pipeline network and equipment or accident handling.
1. Installation direction of eccentric butterfly valve
Since directional butterfly valves are generally marked on the valve body as the sealing direction, the direction of the arrow on the body of the two-way sealing butterfly valve refers to the main sealing direction. The arrow direction can also be understood in this way. The arrow points to the discharge end. Therefore, the arrows of the valve body of the water supply and return butterfly valve all point to the pressure relief end that is often overhauled. In this way, the eccentric butterfly valve has a better sealing performance with the pressure of one side of the medium.
2. Valve shaft installation direction
All butterfly valves should be installed on vertical pipelines as far as possible. If installed horizontally, the valve shaft should not be installed vertically, preferably horizontally. If it cannot be installed horizontally, the valve shaft can be installed at an angle, but it is not allowed to exceed 45 degrees. It can minimize the deposition of solids in the fluid at the valve.
3. Other attention issues
1) The eccentric butterfly valve should generally be installed or welded in the closed state.
2) The limit position of the valve transmission device has been adjusted before leaving the factory, so do not disassemble the transmission device at will. If the transmission device must be disassembled, the limit position must be re-adjusted after the installation is restored. Poor adjustment will affect the valve leakage volume and life span.
3) When welding butterfly valves, the grounding wire of the electric welder must be lapped on the steel pipe of the weld on the same side to prevent current from passing through the valve body to burn the sealing surface.
4) When installing the welding valve standpipe, water with a height of not less than 10mm should be injected above the closed valve plate; when the welding valve is installed horizontally, a damp cloth should be wrapped on the valve.
5) After installation, carefully clean up the dirt on the eccentric butterfly valve, and conduct 2 to 3 complete switching tests to check whether the valve can work normally.