The seat of the butterfly valve, also called the sealing ring, is a component related to the sealing performance of the butterfly valve, and it is also the most severely corroded and eroded place by the medium in the pipeline. Damage to the seat of the butterfly valve will cause the leakage of the butterfly valve, and if the leakage is serious, it will even cause a major safety hazard and affect our work. What are the reasons for the damage to the butterfly valve seat?
The reasons for the damage of the butterfly valve seat are as follows:
1) There is a problem with the processing quality of the butterfly valve seat, and the processing process is not rigorous enough, resulting in cracks, pores, and uneven hardness on the sealing ring.
2) It is caused by wrong butterfly valve selection or incorrect operation. Failure to correctly select the butterfly valve model according to the actual working environment, resulting in the butterfly valve not conforming to the working conditions, and the valve seat sealing ring being damaged.
3) The installation of the butterfly valve is random or the maintenance is not good, resulting in damage to the valve seat. Before the butterfly valve is installed, the inside of the valve body and the pipeline are not cleaned, resulting in impurities in the pipeline that damage the seat of the butterfly valve. Then there is the failure to maintain the butterfly valve in time, which keeps the butterfly valve in an unhealthy state and prematurely damages the seat sealing ring of the butterfly valve.
4) The chemical corrosion of the butterfly valve seat medium, the medium around the butterfly valve seat sealing ring directly plays a chemical role with the butterfly valve seat and corrodes the valve seat under the condition that no current is generated.
5) The erosion of the medium in the pipeline of the butterfly valve seat, the seat sealing ring of the butterfly valve is located inside the pipeline, the erosion of the valve seat is continuous, these media have suspended particles, and some are corrosive. When the valve seat is eroded by such a medium, the sealing surface will be damaged.
6) Mechanical damage to the seat of the butterfly valve. Every time the butterfly plate is opened and closed, it will rub against the seat of the butterfly valve, and the damage to the sealing surface will increase over time.
7) The electrochemical corrosion of the butterfly valve seat, the contact of the sealing surfaces with each other, the contact between the sealing ring and the closing body and the valve body, as well as the concentration difference of the medium, the oxygen concentration difference, etc., will cause a potential difference, and electrochemical corrosion will occur, resulting in the valve seat sealing ring on the anode side was corroded.
8) Fatigue damage of butterfly valve seat, butterfly valve seat has its own service life, especially the valve seat of soft sealing butterfly valve, the service life is limited, in long-term use, it is easy to age, and the sealing surface has cracks and delamination, resulting in poor sealing performance.
Zhengfeng Valve Group always adheres to the business tenet of "creating a brand with technology and winning customer satisfaction with quality", and has won a good market reputation and a stable customer network. The company's credit rating is always "AAA". We sincerely hope to cooperate with you to push the manufacturing and application of Chinese valve products to a new stage. If you have any needs, welcome to consult us.